Saturday 17 January 2015

love hurts chosen by Malorie Blackman

*This book was given to me for free by netgalley in return for an honest review, however this doesn't' effect my opinion*

Hi Guys

Today I am doing a review of the book 'love hurts' chosen by Malorie Blackman, which is a collection of short stories and extracts about love. This book is being released 29th January 2015.

Synopsis:
Malorie Blackman brings together the best teen writers of today in a stunningly romantic collection about love against the odds. Featuring short stories and extracts about modern star-crossed lovers from stars such as Gayle Forman, Markus Zusak and Patrick Ness, and with a brand-new story from Malorie Blackman herself, Love Hurts looks at every kind of relationship, from first kiss to final heartbreak. 

Thoughts:
This book was amazing. It had a real variety of love stories. There were some original short stories and some extracts from books. The stories were all written by well known YA authors.

My favourite story was 'the unicorn' by James Dawson. It was superb. I genuinely think that it is worth buying the book for just this story. I went through all the feels in this 10 paged story. I had to put my kindle down and just take in the full effect of the story. It is definitely the best short story I have ever read and that includes 'the magic finger' by Roald Dahl.

I would definitely recommend this book to you it is great, especially for a mourning period. I give this book a 5/5 star rating. Just go PRE-order it.

Twitter: lovelaces2
Tumblr: lovelaces
Instagram: lovelaces2
Email: lovelaces2@hotmail.com
Goodreads: Olivia

2 comments:

  1. Just started reading this! I loved Malorie Blackman's story, but I haven't got to 'the unicorn' yet

    ReplyDelete