Wednesday 18 February 2015

who the hell is Ricky Bell by John Irving Clarke (review)

Hi guys

I'm not doing a top 5 Wednesday this week because I just wasn't inspired to do it, so I thought I would give you a different blog post instead.
(Can't figure out how to turn the photo around)
I was able to meet John and he is so lovely. He signed my book and was really interested in my love of spoken word.

Right onto the book. 'Who the hell is Ricky Bell' sounded like my kind of book from the start but after John talking to us about the book I just knew I was going to love it and I did. I read the book in two hours. The character development was great. I was totally shocked to find out Ricky's past. My favourite character was definitely Suzy, I thought she was just so loveable and played such a key part to the book without being a key character.

This book had me laughing and crying and just all the feels. I loved it. Defiantly a 5/5. I could not recommend this book enough.

Just a one of extra thing I want to mention:
- The book is so heavy. I don't know why, I compared it to a 500 page book and they weighed the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment