Sunday 25 March 2018

unpopular opinions book tag

Hi guys,

Today I'm going to do the unpopular opinions tag. As always I wasn't tagged by anyone. If you want to watch the original video just click here

1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon easily takes this place. It was my least favourite book of 2017. I thought it sent awful messages to people reading it. I might at some point do a full review but I think ill struggle to not bash the book too much and I think my thoughts could come across very crude if I don't word it very carefully. Effectively I hated the way this book dealt with women's sexuality. I think it condemned women who were openly sexual and borderline slut shaming. Plus there was an unnecessary offensive joke abut schizophrenia which I didn't appreciate.

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
I often love books that aren't really liked. I think the best example of this is the beautiful creatures series because I love those books  so much. Ridley and Link are definitely in my top 5 couples in books.

3. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Sci-fi. I have nothing against Sci-fi books in fact I really like them its just that often they are rather long and intimidate me. Also I never really hear about any Sci-fi books.

4. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.
Rick Riordan. My friends all used to be obsessed with his books specifically the Percy Jackson series however I read the first one and kind of enjoyed it but when I decided to pick up  the second I just couldn't get past the first 50  pages. The books just weren't for me I found them a bit dull and the characters a bit 2D.

5. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing.
I'm really starting to hate characters who talk about how they have no emotions or are dead on the inside. I'm not sure I'm describing it very well but these characters often talk about how their friends talk about such trivial things and how could their friends enjoy their lives when they know that the characters parents have just split up or something of this sort. These characters are only really seen in contemporary and they really annoy me. This trope can be found in 'It only happens in the movies' though it is fairly bearable in this book.

6. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
I don't want to read anything the Sarah J. Maas has written. I was vaguely interested in A Court of Thorns and Roses but then my interest died as more and more books came out.

7. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
There are actually quite a few such as the maze runner series. Obviously there is massive controversy around the book right now due to something James Dashner has done but personally the first book in the series was really good but then the rest of them were dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment